Responsive Web Site
The project consist of creating a responsive website that will provide a great experience across devices and browsers.
Choosing your project:
You have two options for choosing your client:
Option 1: Design and implement a 3-page website to promote an event of your choice.
Option 2: Design and implement a 3-page website to promote mobile app of your choice.
In both cases, your client must be real. The event can be a past event, as long as it is reasonably recent. You will need to provide all necessary logos and information.
• A minimum of three pages
• Semantic and valid HTML and clean CSS
• A landing/home page or “pitch page” to entice people to sign up or download
• A working form
• A gallery of images
• One video, at least
• Media must scale appropriately and be optimized for file size
• Relatively scaled text
• Appropriate Media Queries
• Use progressive enhancements so the site is functional in:
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Firefox 21+
- Chrome 27+
- Safari 6+
- Android Native Browser
- iOS Safari
- All class devices
See the Calendar page for milestones dates.
- Research and Proposal.
Research: Submit a typed, 1-page minimum document defining the following:
• target market
• primary objective of the site
• assessment of competition, conventions, base expectations of your users
• user needs assessment defining different needs for mobile phone, tablet, and desktop users
Proposal: Submit a professional proposal (contract bid…) for the project. Print on your stationery. Spelling/grammar do count
- Two unique style tiles including: adjectives, color scheme, font choices, typographical hierarchy, design patterns, and a logo
- Content Inventory & Wireframes for mobile, tablet and desktop breakpoints. All three pages.
- In Browser Wireframes or mobile, tablet and desktop breakpoints. All three pages.
- Development checkpoint 1: all final content for all three pages in html
- Development checkpoint 2: Mobile first css styling for all three pages. LIVE
- Completed HTML/CSS/JS site
20 pts – Research and proposal (10 pts each)
10 pts- Style Tiles
10 pts – Content Inventory and Wireframes
10 pts – In Browser Wireframes
20 pts – Development Checkpoints (10 pts each)
40 pts – HTML/CSS/JS site – Code Implementation
20 pts – Site design – Artistic control
10 pts – Presentation